You can download the solution What is Planning Processes & Practice Planning for free. For further assistance in Engineering Assignments please check our offerings in Engineering assignment solutions. Our subject-matter experts provide online assignment help to Engineering students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp does not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
The project tasks are as follows
- Annotate diagrams of the structure, identifying all dead loads
- Identify all live loads that would be experienced by your structure and comment on the factors that should be considered when determining the wind speed.
- Describe the principle structural system and why the system would have been adopted.
- Draw a plan and elevation view of the structure detailing the dead load path
- Discuss how stability is provided to the building for all wind directions (consider the shape and orientation of the elements that make up the principle structural system).
- Identify two of the materials used for structural purposes. Comment on why they were chosen and discuss how the engineer has managed any issue associated with the material
- Identify a member that is subject to bending and highlight the tension and compression sides of the member.
- Identify a critical connection and the components of the connection. Describe the load path through the connection and the force type in each element (show a photo of your connection).
- Sketch the likely footing system used and discuss why it would have been chosen.
- Identify and describe two serviceability criteria that needs to be satisfied for your structure.
There is a word limit of 500-700 words.
Concise 'dot-point' style responses to the project tasks should be adopted. A question and answer style is acceptable but provide a brief introduction for the report. References are not required for this report. Presentation will be assessed.
Use photos sketches and diagrams where required and where they can help answer the project tasks.
Question 2: Identify all live loads that would be experienced by your structure and comment on the factors that should be considered when determining the wind speed.
Answer 2: There will be no live load experienced by the structure since it is similar to a mere rigid portal frame, which is a shade for a public barbeque. The factors that should be considered for the wind speed includes the construction site or the geographical location of the structure, topography and height above the ground where the structure is situated.
Question 3: Describe the principle structural system and why the system would have been adopted.
Answer 3: The principle structural system of the assignment’s structure is a rigid portal frame. It is simply a load-resisting skeleton structure with an asbestos shade where each member is connected by rigid connections resisting the movements induced by the member’s joints. The members can, however, take a shear, bending moment and axial loads.