You can download the solution Analysis and Evaluation of Facebook's Marketing Strategies for free. For further assistance in Marketing Assignments please check our offerings in Marketing assignment solutions. Our subject-matter experts provide online assignment help to Marketing students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp does not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
Write a Marketing planning through customer preference analysis?
The tourism industry is one of biggest industries in the world and as the average spending power of people increases further, the industry is also growing at a rapid rate. The decision of selecting a holiday destination is a highly complex decision for many customers as there are many factors that impact the final decision such as cost, spending power, attractions of the destination, the purpose of the visit, age, and other demographic factors (Oppewal, Huybers, & Crouch, 2015). For the tour operators, it becomes important in such a case to recognize the appealing factors and USPs (unique selling propositions) related to the promoted holiday destination while also understanding the needs of the target customer base in order to be able to promote holiday packages effectively (Yuksel, Yuksel, & Bilim, 2010).
In this paper, the case of six different holiday destinations is evaluated and responses from three different participants are collected about their preferences and choice of holiday destination. The objective is to understand the decision-making process of a customer in selecting a holiday destination while also gaining insights into the way a tour operator should promote holiday packages to different destinations.
2. Holiday destinations available
In order to get detailed insights into preferences of customers in the process of selecting a holiday destination and factors contributing to it, a questionnaire method is selected with three participants belonging to different demographics. For the purpose of this questionnaire, six different holiday packages to different destinations are selected to measure participant responses. These six holiday destinations include the following:
- Spain, France, and Italy: this package covers three prominent tourism friendly countries from Europe at a premium price. This package provides a long stay of 15 nights with luxury services like 5-star hotels and business class flights.
- Las Vegas: this tour package takes customers to the famous nightlife and the casino-filled world of Las Vegas at an affordable price. This package covers three-star hotels, only one day of guided tour with four days of free time, and economy class flights.
- New Zealand: this is a cruise package that covers the entirety of New Zealand in 15 nights through eight towns/cities of New Zealand. All accommodation is inside the cruise with all meals covered in the package price.
- Hong Kong: the tour package to Hong Kong is a slightly premium tour package worth 4 nights and includes accommodation in a four star hotel. All customers of this package get one day of guided safari trip in the city and three days to freely roam the city.
- Gold Coast: Gold Coast is a prominent waterpark and beach metropolitan in Australia and this tour package is very affordable for all types of customers. With this package, customers get free access to any three of the theme parks in the Gold Coast and sightseeing cruise free of cost.
- Barossa Valley: Barossa Valley is arguably the most prominent winery region in Australia and this aspect of the region appeals to wine loving tourists. Priced at $1,190, this package covers a two night stay in a four-star hotel with provision of economy flights.