You can download the solution to the following question for free. For further assistance in Education assignments please check our offerings in Education assignment solutions. Our subject-matter-experts provide online assignment help to Education students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp do not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
Write an Annotated Bibliography on the following topics:
- English, K., & Heil, P. (2005, Sept/Oct). Prison Rape:What We Know Today. The Peer-Reviewd Journal of the American Correctional Association, 30(5).
- King, L. L., & Hanrahan, K. J. (2015, Jan 1). University Student Beliefs About Sexual Violence in Prison: Rape Myth Acceptance, Punitiveness, and Empathy. Criminal Justice Faculty Publications and Presentations.
- Johnson, S. C., & Johnson, S. D. (2013, July 9). Stopping Prison Rape:The Evolution ofStandards Recommended by PREA’s National Prison Rape Elimination Commission. The Prison Journal, 93(3), 335-354.
- Choudhury, S., Gopalan., R. T., & Thukral, S. (2017, Feb). Self-Efficacy, Emotional Regulation and perception of life among prisoners. International Research Journal of Humanities, Language and Literature, 4(2), 58-73.
- Lahm, K. F. (2008). Inmate-On-Inmate Assault A Multilevel Examination of Prison Violence. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 35(1).
- Rowell-Cunsolo, T. L., & Harrison, R. J. (2014, Mar 1). Exposure to prison sexual assault among incarcerated Black men. PubMed Central, 18(1), 54-62.
- Morenoff, J. D., & Harding, D. J. (2014, June 16). Incarceration, Prisoner Reentry, and Communities. PubMed Central, 40, 411-429.
- Wolff, N., & Shi, J. (2010, Jan 25). Contextualization of Physical and Sexual Assault in Male Prisons: Incidents and Their Aftermath. PubMed Centre, 15(1), 58-82.
English, K., & Heil, P. (2005, Sept/Oct). Prison Rape:What We Know Today. The Peer-Reviewd Journal of the American Correctional Association, 30(5).
The authors of the work state their concern regarding continued prison rape incidents inspite of corrective measures and the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA). Based on this central idea the author has recommended initiatives to manage the risks posed by sexual assault. The main ideas expressed in the work are supported based on research findings conducted in the past, promoting the reasons of prison rape and what actions have been considered. Also, the opinions of inmates and staffs have been taken up as a survey. All facts presented as part of the article is well supported by references and reasoning. Where most articles prompted inmate behaviours as the prime cause for prison rape a new idea of lowered staffing has been considered as part of the report. This idea would help widen the aspect of my research, against points that limit to causes related to only inmates in prison.
King, L. L., & Hanrahan, K. J. (2015, Jan 1). University Student Beliefs About Sexual Violence in Prison: Rape Myth Acceptance, Punitiveness, and Empathy. Criminal Justice Faculty Publications and Presentations.
Amidst all researches looking into the reasons of rape by surveying amongst participants who are part of the criminal justice system, the author here tries analysing it from point of view of university students in USA. As most researches have specified that young-aged inmates below 30 have been involved in such activities, the author feels that examining prison rape myth acceptance among students can ultimately help reduce such incidents by promoting educational efforts in this regard.Though, efforts to drill in a different aspect of understanding the correlation among acceptance and incident has been tried to be drawn upon, but this seems to be a coincidental aspect as the participants when answering survey questions are not having appropriate knowledge and understanding.This aspect of limitation would be needed to be considered in my work, when selecting the sample, as the sample if randomly selected among the general public may put me in a similar position at a later stage of my work.
For complete solution please download from the link below
(Some parts of the solution has been blurred due to privacy protection policy)