You can download the solution Analysis and Evaluation of Facebook's Marketing Strategies for free. For further assistance in Marketing Assignments please check our offerings in Marketing assignment solutions. Our subject-matter experts provide online assignment help to Marketing students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp does not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
- What are the core competencies of a successful buying or selling team leader?
- What are the most significant challenges you must overcome to be a successful buying or selling team leader?
What are the core competencies of a successful buying or selling team leader?
To be a leader of the sales team and just not being a manager, the person has to be self-aware regarding his potential and have to be aware of his or her strength and weakness. The awareness helps in leading the team and shielding the obstacles in their way.
- Strong will provide for sales – The passion and desire for sales management are displayed through commitment and long-lasting results. Self-motivation and responsibility will add to the willpower, thus getting the results for the team lead.
- Focus on Sales management – The lead should have emotional control to make decisions and do not depend on the team for the same. The person has to be confident to talk about money, close the major deals by himself and should also have the will to take failure on his face.
- Processes and strategies – The leader has to be a sales process driver, thorough with CRM data and analytics. The sales head has to have the mastery of soft skills along with the ability to use them to close the deals.
- Tactical think-tank – Below is the list of skill sets which the sales leader has to be an expert in and should pass this to the subordinates; coaching, recruiting, relation-building, motivating and accountability. (Richardson, 2017)
•What are the most significant challenges you must overcome to be a successful buying or selling team leader?
A leader has to justify the designation time and again, and the opportunities that he gets are the after-effects of the challenges that he overcomes.
- Cost-effectiveness and control – The sales lead has to justify the cost incurred, including the marketing and training of the team and the outcome from the same. For being effective, the budget has to be defined at the start of the year, with sales deliverables with the cost centre defined clearly.
- Conflict management (internal and external stakeholders) – There is constant friction between the departments internally and from the clients during the negotiation and also during reconciliation. The team behaviour should be defined with clear outcomes, thus reducing the nuisance and being efficient.
- Market Insights – A successful manager has to always be aware of the competitors and their short and long term strategies. When a new product is launched, or an exciting price point or offer distributed in the market by the competitor who is unnoticed will lead to sales and market share loss. The leader has to have a business association with market leaders and be updated about the surroundings.