You can download the solution to the following question for free. For further assistance in Education assignments please check our offerings in Education assignment solutions. Our subject-matter-experts provide online assignment help to Education students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp do not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
1. In this assignment you are asked to do two tasks. Structure your assessment in report format with clear headings for each section. Include the following sections:
- Table of contents
- Attainment of graduate attributes
- Critical reflection on gaps in skills and knowledge
2. Complete Table 1 below using the units (at least 3) you have previously studied at SCU (500 words). You must provide evidence for all graduate attributes covered in your university studies so far. In this table, do not refer to units you are currently enrolled in. Do not leave any section blank. In the 'My skill level' section, rate your current skill level from the following categories: Novice, Advanced Beginner, Capable, Proficient or Expert.
In your Appendix, you must include copies of the Graduate Attribute and Learning Outcomes tables from the Unit Information Guides (UIG) or SCU website for your three completed units.
Table 1: Graduate attributes developed
|Graduate attribute||Unit code||Examples of how I developed these attributes||My skill level|
|Intellectual rigour: A commitment to excellence in all scholarly and intellectual activities, including critical judgement.|
|Creativity: An ability to develop creative and effective responses to intellectual, professional and social challenges.|
|Ethical practice: A commitment to sustainability and high ethical standards in social and professional practices.|
|Knowledge of a discipline: Command of a discipline to enable a smooth transition and contribution to professional and community settings.|
|Lifelong learning: The ability to be responsive to change, to be inquiring and reflective in practice, through information literacy and autonomous, self- managed learning.|
|Communication and social skills: The ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals, and within teams, in professional and community settings.|
|Cultural competence: An ability to engage with diverse cultural and Indigenous perspectives in both global and local settings.|
3. Critically reflect on your gaps in skills or knowledge associated with the graduate attributes (listed in Table 1). Discuss how you can develop your knowledge and skills to address these gaps through activities you plan to undertake outside of your university study. In your answer, also consider the impact that your approach to learning has on your plans to address your skills and knowledge development (300 words). You must include at least 2 scholarly references (refereed journals, book chapters and reputable organisation websites) in this section.
Appendix. Include copies of the Graduate Attributes and Learning Outcomes tables for the three completed units discussed in this assessment.
Graduate attributes are “the qualities, skills and understandings a university community agrees its students would desirably develop during their time at the institution and, consequently, shape the contribution they can make to their profession and as a citizen” (Bridgstock 2009). This report is my reflection on the graduate attributes that I attained during my enrolment at Southern Cross University for the Diploma in Business. I have also pointed out the gaps in skills and knowledge acquired, and my action plans to overcome those.
Gaps in Skills and Knowledge
According to Denise Jackson (2010), companies have become disinclines to train their employees in transferable skills, thereby shifting this responsibility higher education institutions (HEI). I have enrolled in this course to assist me in increasing my employability. Through the different units which I studied and assessments carried out, I am able to develop certain innate managerial qualities like problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, communication skills, being ethical and knowledgeable in the subject matter. However, from Table 1, I deduct that there is a definite gap in my skills and knowledge. There is a requirement for me to develop my cognitive and soft skills that are required in the workplace to add value immediately after joining an organisation, being participative and be innovative (Jackson & Chapman 2012).
The main thing I noticed is that I have to develop my commitment to learning interesting subjects. To accomplish this, I have to read and understand different textbooks, journal articles, research publications and business magazines in the related area apart from the suggested readings. This would enable me to be up to date on the happenings in the research and industrial arena. By keeping track of the learning through a journal entry every day would also assist me for future reference. The major area of development which I require is to be culturally competent. With internationalisation, the interaction between people from different countries and different cultural backgrounds has increased (Deardorff 2006). To be competitive in such a scenario, I have to develop an understanding of different cultures. I have planned to attend discussion programs focusing on different cultures and social events that showcase different cultures. This would enable me to interact openly with people from the different cultural background without hesitance.
For complete solution please download from the link below
(Some parts of the solution has been blurred due to privacy protection policy)