You can download the solution Decision Types – Assignment Collaboration With Google Drive for free. For further assistance in Information Technology Assignments please check our offerings in Information Technology assignment solutions. Our subject-matter experts provide online assignment help to Information Technology students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp does not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
Proceed according to the following instructions:
- Write a literature review for your article of no more than 2500 words related to the research project you chose in your first assignment
- Use the title of your study as the title of your assignment, so that the subject coordinator knows which study you are doing.
- Your literature review should
- List the research question
- Address the research question guiding your study from within the literature Select literature that is relevant
- Set the boundaries of the review
- Show the relevance between the points you make and the references you cite Locate your study within the existing knowledge
- Identify gaps in the literature
- Comment on future research directions based on the identified gaps i.e what other research questions arise from the literature
- Select literature that reflects recent developments in the area and emphasizes primary literature (i.e. journal articles containing original research)
- Be written clearly (with content well organized)
- Use the APA 6th edition referencing style and list the bibliographic references at the end of your work that correspond to your in-text citations
Gordon Moore predicted, 'the processing power of computers doubles every two years' (Sneed, 2015). If the 19th century was the era of computers, with such a breakneck speed of progression, software dominates the 21st century. Any new IT-enabled disruptive innovation has been a change driver across industries (ITIF, 2014). The innovation of big data and cloud computing have brought out the ease of use through virtualization and the increased focus by corporate on customer satisfaction. In cloud computing, hardware is replaced by servers hosted remotely and then leased to organizations, mixing and matching various configurations as and when required. This offers a plethora of advantages for the organization, the primary being reduction in maintenance hassles. Similarly, big data opens up a whole new world of customer engagement and business opportunities.
From the bulky mainframes of the 70's and the 80's, technology has improved where the size of the hardware is constantly reduced, without compromising on the quality of the service delivered. This led to lower floor space, reduced hardware complexity, and a means to cost reduction. These factors assisted in developing the concept of virtualization. Companies like Google, Amazon, and IBM were the few early birds to realize this potential. On the other hand, the manipulation of a set of data to retrieve useful information has been around for centuries. Across the world, Statistics is used in various researches. However, the use of big data to retrieve actionable information is a more recent phenomenon. Also, the proliferation of the internet and the internet of things has acted as a catalyst to develop a framework for managing the tonnes of data generated every day (Dutta & Bilbao-Osorio, 2012). What was used as a verification mechanism few years back is gradually becoming an essential factor, or rather a game-changer, influencing business decisions of corporations, both large and small.
Moving beyond the obvious advantages of not having to deal with hardware, or not needing the storage space and maintenance workers for it, organisations use cloud computing commonly in three different types – Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) (IBM). Three types of companies offer these options -companies that use cloud-hosted software, companies that provide the software hosted on cloud and companies which provide the cloud platform. For the first type of company, just a thin client is sufficient for accessing this and organizations do not need to invest in purchasing superior configurations of computers. Multiplying the savings over one computer with the number of employees explicable shows the reason for going the 'cloud way' which is lucrative for companies. For the second type of company, it is possible to keep a single copy of the software and sell just access to it. This drives down the cost of upkeeping and hence lowers down the price of the software. This, in turn, makes it possible to bring a more lucrative market offering to clients, resulting in higher sales and hence higher profit. For the third type of companies, investment needs to be made only in hardware and supporting staff. Not having to hire more specialized workmen, reduces the cost of the same, over time and also through economies of scale. As a result, there remains a stable source of high income, with a very less amount of initial investment.