You can download the solution to the following question for free. For further assistance in Economics assignments please check our offerings in Economics assignment solutions. Our subject-matter-experts provide online assignment help to Economics students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp do not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
- Bundling with correlated values
- Merger with horizontally differentiated products
Q . 1 Bundling with correlated value
- Cost of product A and B for a monopolist is zero.
- Consumer valuation of product A = VA,
- Consumer valuation of product B = VB
- On buying both products together gross utility = VA+VB
- Assume VA and VB are negatively correlated as VB = = VA -1
(a) Price of product a and B in monopolistic market = PA and PB
Demand for products A and B will be =
Let the demand function for two products as follows-
QA = Intercept – b (slope) PA
QB= Intercept – b (slope) PB
(b ) in a monopolistic market optimal price is when, Marginal cost (MC) =Marginal revenue (MR)
Revenue R = Q*P
MR = MC, therefore optimal price equation will be as follows –
MR will have slope double of the demand curve.
MC = total cost = zero, as given in equation.
MR = 2Q
MR (A) = Intercept – 2b PA
MR( b ) = Intercept – 2b PB
For complete solution please download from the link below
(Some parts of the solution has been blurred due to privacy protection policy)