You can download the solution to the following question for free. For further assistance in Human Resource assignments please check our offerings in H.R assignment solutions. Our subject-matter-experts provide online assignment help to Human Resource students from across the world and deliver plagiarism free solution with free Turnitin report with every solution.
(ExpertAssignmentHelp do not recommend anyone to use this sample as their own work.)
Your organisation has approved the recruitment of several new positions across all divisions of the organisation. Describe the selection method for each role that you would use.
- Corporate receptionist for the sales and marketing team.
- Stores and Warehousing assistant for the depot.
- Sales team leader for the sales and marketing team.
- Accounts payable officer.
- Human resources assistant.
- Junior office administrator (traineeship).
(Answers can include attracting candidates via existing employees, Job Network, Professional Services and Recruitment agencies, local TAFE's and RTO's.)
- What information do new employees in a workplace need?
(pay, holiday and so on are the employee's interest, but you need to make sure employees are aware of organisational vision, mission, structure and so on)
- What methods of assisting a new employee to fit in to a new organisation can you suggest? Are there any simple methods which can be used by organisations of any size to help with the socialisation of a new employee?
1. Develop a program for the recruitment of a person to a new position in your organisation.
The program needs to include:
a position description
justification for the new position
organisational chart of where the position fits
additional information required by an applicant
an interview plan
an advertising strategy
other relevant documents as required by your organisation
what consultation took place and with whom
how you will plan and organise the induction program
Upload your program for assessment.
- What types of testing procedures can be used by an organisation to ensure that the candidates selected for a job are the most suitable? Explain why these tests are the best methods for selecting staff. What procedures can you follow to inform unsuccessful candidates? Upload your answer for assessment.
This section describes the selection procedure for the present vacant posts. The process can be as per the following:
- The process will start by attracting the pool of candidates from various sources. This can be done through newspaper advertisements, advertisements in job portals, advertisements via recruitment agencies, and the connection of existing employees.
- Upon receipt of the profiles of candidates, a primary screening needs to be done to shortlist the candidates to be examined. This process can be done based on the educational qualification and experience of the candidates.
- Once the candidates are shortlisted, they will be called for an assessment process, which may comprise of technical and behavioral interviews. Parameters and scores for the interviews will have to be different, as they will be focused on two different aspects of the candidates.
- Once the scores of both the interviews are calculated, then based on that score matrix, the ideal candidates will be given the offer. Firstly, the offer should be given verbally, and if the candidate accepts the offer, then the formal offer letter should be given to the candidate. There will be a maximum of two waitlisted candidates for every post.
- Once the candidate accepts the offer formally, then the required paperwork should be done for the onboard of the candidate. If the first candidate rejects the offer, the offer should be carry forwarded to the first waitlisted candidate.
However, while the overall recruitment and selection process remains the same, the individual elements of the process might vary in accordance with the positions being offered to the candidates. The technical and behavioral interviews may be carried out focusing on the following parameters:
- Corporate receptionist for the sales and marketing team: For this particular position, the verbal and non-verbal communication skills are the most important ones. The interviewers must consider these aspects above the knowledge or skills.
- Stores and Warehousing assistant for the depot: For this particular position, the attention to detail and ability to forecast play the most important role. The interviewers must consider these aspects, which assessing the technical skills.
- Sales team leader for the sales and marketing team: For this particular position, along with the verbal and non-verbal communication skills, leadership skill is the most important one. The interviewers must consider these aspects above the knowledge or skills. Prior experience in a similar kind of role can be given a higher weight.
- Accounts payable officer: For this particular position, attention to detail, ability to negotiate, and knowledge of laws and rules play the most important role. The interviewers must consider these aspects, which assessed the technical and behavioral skills.
- Human resources assistant: For this particular position, the ability to take the decision at hard times plays the most important role. The interviewers must consider these aspects, which assessing the behavioral skills.
- Junior office administrator (traineeship): For this particular position, the attention to detail and ability to organize play the most important role. The interviewers must consider these aspects, which assessing the behavioral skills.
For complete solution please download from the link below
(Some parts of the solution has been blurred due to privacy protection policy)